Valentine’s Day has finally arrived and what better way to show that special someone you care than by mixing up some special cocktails. From frothy pink concoctions for those who prefer the sweeter side of things to devilish delights for those of us with a darker side, these 15 cocktails will make sure this will be a Valentine’s Day to remember.
Whether you’re into whisky, gin, vodka, tequila, or brandy, these drinks will get everyone in the right mode for the year’s most romantic holiday. So without further ado, here are 15 Valentine’s Day Cocktails that are sure to add a touch of romance to 2022:
- ¾ oz. The GlenDronach Original Aged 12 Years
- 1 oz. Vermouth
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Garnish: Brandied Cherry
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir until very cold and strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with cherry.
- 1 oz. The Pathfinder Hemp and Root
- 1 oz. London Dry Gin
- 1 oz. Campari
- Glass: Rocks glass or fancy coupe
- Garnish: Orange peel garnish
Pour all ingredients into mixing glass. Pour over large ice cube in rocks glass or fancy coupe. Enjoy!
A Rosé Grows in Kentucky
Courtesy of Fitz Bailey, Coopers’ Craft Mixologist
- 1.5 oz. Coopers’ Craft Barrel Reserve
- .75 oz. simple syrup
- .75 oz. lemon juice
- 1 egg white (optional)
- 1 oz. rosé
- Glass: Rocks
- Garnish: Rose Petals
Shake egg white, add other ingredients, shake again, shake one final time with ice. Strain, top with rosé, garnish and serve.
Courtesy of Pekka Pellinen, Finlandia Vodka Global Master Mixologist
- 2 oz. Finlandia Botanical Wildberry and Rose
- 1/2 oz. elderflower juice or liqueur
- 1/2 oz. Fresh pomegranate juice
- Glassware: Nick and Nora
- Garnish: Rose petal(s), berries
Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass and stir. Pour into Nick and Nora glasses. Garnish with rose petals and berries, enjoy.
Espresso Black Sesame Chocolate Martini
- 1.5 oz Kikori
- 2 oz espresso
- 4 dashes chocolate bitters
- .75 oz black sesame syrup*
- Dark chocolate shavings
- Freshly whipped cream
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice, strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a generous heap of dark chocolate shavings.
*Black sesame simple syrup
- 1 cup toasted black sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup sugar
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until simmering. Turn off heat, let sit for an hour, strain into a glass bottle or jar and chill in the refrigerator until ready for use.
- 1 oz. I.W. Harper Bourbon
- .5 oz. Italian Red Bitter Liqueur
- .75 oz. Pineapple Juice
- .75 oz Lemon
- .25 oz Cinnamon-date Syrup
- Glassware: Coupe
- Garnish: Dehydrated lemon wheel and grated nutmeg
Combine all ingredients with I.W. Harper Bourbon in a shaker tin. Shake and double-strain into a coupe glass.
Buchanan’s Whisky Blush
- 1.25 oz Buchanan’s Master or DeLuxe
- 1.5 oz brewed and cooled hibiscus tea
- 1 oz. fresh blood orange juice (or orange juice)
- .5 oz lemon juice
- .5 oz elderflower liqueur
- Garnish: citrus wheel + edible, organic blossoms
- Glassware: Coupe
Shake all ingredients with ice in a shaker. Strain into coupe glass + garnish.
By Mixologist A-K Hada
- 1.5 oz Johnnie Walker Black Label
- 0.75 oz Ruby Port
- 0.25 oz Kirschwasser
- 0.25 oz Cynar
- 1 barspoon raspberry preserves
- Edible gold leaf as garnish
- Glassware: Coupe
- Garnish: Edible Gold Leaf
Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice and stir. Fine strain into a chilled, wide coupe filled with a sphere ice cube. Garnish with an edible gold leaf on top of the ice sphere.
- 1.5 oz CIROC Pomegranate
- 1.5 oz Hibiscus tea
- 1.5 oz Concentrate coffee brew
- .5oz Grenadine
- Glassware: Coupe
- Garnish: Red Currant/Grated chocolate
Add all ingredients into a coupe glass. Gently stir and garnish
Tequila Don Julio Rose Soda
- 1.5 oz Tequila Don Julio 70 Crystal Añejo
- 4 oz Topo Chico Soda Water
- .5 oz Lime Cordial*
- 1 small drop Rose Water
- Glassware: Highball
- Garnish: Edible Rose Petal
Combine Tequila Don Julio 70, lime cordial and rose water into a highball glass. Add fresh ice cubes to the glass and fill to the top with Topo Chico. Stir gently. Garnish with edible rose petal.
*Lime Cordial: Combine the zest of 3 limes to 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and let sit at room temperature for 24-36 hours. Add 3/4 cup of fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt. Mix thoroughly and discard lime zest.
Single In Spain
- 1.25 oz Singleton 12 Year Old
- 0.25 oz PX Sherry
- Bar Spoon Blackberry Liqueur
- 2 Dashes Bitters
- Glassware: Rocks Glass
- Garnish: Orange Twist
Add all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ic and stir until chilled. Strain into a rocks glass and garnish.
Grand Old Fashioned
- 1 oz Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
- 1 oz Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon Whiskey
- 3 dashes aromatic bitters
- Large ice cube
- Orange twist to garnish
First, combine aromatic bitters, Grand Marnier®, and, finally, whiskey in an old fashioned glass. Add large ice cube and stir until cold and well incorporated. Garnish surface of liquid with orange twist, expressing oils over the glass rim.
- 2 oz Vanilla infused Broken Shed Vodka
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg White
- 3 drops Orange Blossom Water
- 4 oz Cold Seltzer
- Garnish: Freeze-dried fruits
Dry shake all the ingredients (except the cold seltzer), then shake again with ice glass, then carefully pour the cold seltzer down a barspoon into the bottom of the glass. Garnish with freeze-dried fruits.
Created by Mixologist Camille Wilson
- 1 oz Baileys Deliciously Light
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ oz simple syrup, honey or agave
- Garnish: Rose petals
- Glassware: Glass mug
Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in Baileys Deliciously Light, rose water, cinnamon, and simple syrup. Remove from heat. Pour into a mug or heat-proof container.
Bacardí Old Cuban
- 2 oz. BACARDÍ Reserva Ocho Rum
- 2½ oz. Martini & Rossi Prosecco
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 1 oz. lime juice
- 2 dashes of bitters
Combine all the ingredients (except prosecco) in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously. Double strain, and top with prosecco. Garnish with a mint leaf float.