London’s Bimber Distillery has announced the release of its 2021 Country Collection of single cask, single malt whiskies. The new sereies follows the inaugural 2020 Collection, which sold out worldwide. This year’s class finds new editions exclusively bottled for Australia, Belgium, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Taiwan and the USA.
2021 sees eight new locations added to the Country Collection roster with Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, Israel, Japan, Nigeria, South Africa, and Switzerland all receiving their first exclusive Bimber releases.
Each cask was selected to showcase Bimber’s award-winning single malt spirit with the unique personalities derived from a variety of different cask types including: ex-bourbon; Pedro Ximenez finished ex-bourbon; madeira finished ex-bourbon; ruby port, and ex-rye whiskey casks.
Bimber’s 2021 Country Collection continues the worldwide expansion of the London-based distillery and recognises the flourishing demand for the craft producer’s single malt whiskies. Fourteen expressions will be released over the summer with the remaining ten releases following later in the year.
Each of the Country Collection Editions were produced from the distillery’s single farm barley and malted on a dedicated floor at Warminster Maltings before being fermented for seven days in bespoke, on-site constructed American oak washbacks. Distillation took place in Bimber’s customised stills, which possess an increased copper surface area, resulting in a light and fruity, but layered new make spirit.
“Each expression within our 2021 Country Collection celebrates the individuality of our growing selection of cask styles,” said Bimber Distillery spokesperson Matt McKay. “Our exploration of the flavour possibilities of cask experimentation reflects how our traditional processes can be employed to produce impactful and delightfully flavourful results from a wide variety of wood types. As the distillery grows, we are excited to be able to share these exceptional single cask releases with an ever-widening number of worldwide Bimber drinkers.”
The initial expressions of the 2021 Bimber Country Collection include:
- Cask #182 (Ex-bourbon), 58.5% ABV -Produced for Austria
- Cask #194 (Ex-bourbon), 58.4% ABV -Produced for Belgium
- Cask #150 (Ex-bourbon), 59.5% ABV -Produced for China
- Cask #254 (Ex-rye whiskey), 58.5% ABV -Produced for Denmark
- Cask #30 (Ex-ruby port), 58.9% ABV -Produced for France
- Cask #104 (Ex-bourbon), 59.7% ABV -Produced for Germany
- Cask #47 (Ex-ruby port), 58.7% ABV -Produced for Hong Kong
- Cask #101/7 (PX Finish), 57.4% ABV -Produced for Japan
- Cask #224 (Ex-rye whiskey), 58.2% ABV -Produced for The Netherlands
- Cask #29 (Ex-ruby port), 58.7% ABV -Produced for Poland
- Cask #102/8 (PX Finish), 57.6% ABV -Produced for South Africa
- Cask #178 (Ex-bourbon), 58.1% ABV -Produced for South Africa
- Cask #205 (Ex-bourbon), 58.6% ABV -Produced for Switzerland
- Cask #105/4 (Madeira Finish), 57.7% ABV -Produced for Taiwan
A further 10 single cask releases will follow later in 2021 for distributors based in Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, Israel, Italy, Nigeria and the USA.
For more information, head over to Bimber’s official website.