To celebrate National Margarita Day (February 22), Patrón Tequila and St~Germain Elderflower Liqueur have teamed up with celebrity floral artist Maurice Harris to create fresh and joyful takes on the classic Margarita. With every bottle of St~Germain composed of up to 1,000 fresh, handpicked elderflower blossoms and tequila’s most popular cocktail (the margarita actually meaning “daisy” in Spanish) collaborating with Maurice was a natural fit for the brands.
Maurice has designed floral installations and arrangements for global brands and personalities, including Gucci, Beyonce, Louis Vuitton, and The Row. Most recently he was a judge on “Full Bloom,” a reality competition series on HBO Max and filmed a flower arranging course on MasterClass.
Description: The Patrón St-Rita is an elegant variation on the beloved classic, effortlessly elevated by just a dash of St~Germain for a fresh, bright elderflower twist. St~Germain’s captivating flavor perfectly accentuates the drink’s base of Patrón Silver Tequila, offering its signature smooth and sweet taste with a light pepper finish. The floral libation is complemented by a squeeze of lime and an intricate daisy-elderflower garnish, perfectly fitting for the festive occasion.
1 oz St~Germain
1 ½ oz Patrón Silver
¾ oz fresh lime juice
- Optional salt rim
- Add all ingredients into a shaker and shake
- Pour over ice in a rocks glass
What’s The Tea, Rosarita
Description: The fresh handpicked elderflowers that comprise St~Germain bloom beautifully with Patrón’s finest Weber Blue Agave Tequila, to form a harmonious chorus in the What’s The Tea, Rosarita with hibiscus tea, beet juice and fresh lime. Ideal for any romantic occasion, the cocktail is adorned with a single rose stem wrapped in a lime peel, playing off the drink’s red hues.
1 oz Patrón Silver
1 oz St~Germain
.75 oz hibiscus tea
.75 oz beet juice
. 50 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add all ingredients and shake well
- Strain into a chilled coupe and top with salted Rose Air:
Salted Rose Air (optional)
4 ounces water
2 ounces fresh lime juice
1 ½ teaspoons Sucro
1/12 teaspoons Maldon salt
½ Rose water
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Using an immersion blender or hand blender, mix until bubbles form.
- Carefully spoon on top of the drink
Description: Perfect for the adventurous cocktail connoisseur, the Piña Gardenrita heroes Patrón Reposado for a smooth taste and a hint of oak flavor, complemented by orgeat, fresh lime juice, charred pineapple juice and pineapple mint, elevated with a dash of St~Germain for a balanced, versatile and refined character. A mini bundle of mint, lemon verbena, sage, and camomile blooms crowns the concoction for an herbal inspired-floral twist.
1.5 oz Patrón Reposado
.5 oz orgeat
.75 oz lime juice
.5 oz St~Germain
.75 oz charred pineapple juice
7-8 leaves of Pineapple mint
Pinch of salt
- Shake all ingredients with cubed ice quickly 4-5 seconds
- Fine strain over crushed ice in rocks or collins glass
- Garnish with large sprig of pineapple mint and lemon verbena, wedge of charred pineapple if desired
Charred Pineapple Instructions:
- Cut whole pineapple into spears, omitting the tough centerpiece
- Grill on open flame or in grill pan for 5 minutes, flip or rotate and char opposite side for 5 minutes
- Remove from heat, blend and strain
- For more information, head over to Patron’s official website.