Together with Sean “Diddy” Combs and art curator Jordan “Love Watts” Watson, Ciroc has unveiled the latest iteration of #CIROCStands to celebrate and amplify the iconic Black entrepreneurs who are redefining culture across entertainment, fashion and food. Through a collective of emerging Black artists, the iconic Vodka brand brings to life their stories of achievement through disruptive murals illustrating Black excellence in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York City and Miami.
Love.Watts curated a collective of local artists to visually depict the stories of celebrity chef Richard Ingraham, stylist Zerina Akers, comedian/actress/producer Tiffany Haddish, and tailor to the stars Teheran Jones of Exclusive Game, through bold and powerful murals in their hometowns. To serve as the storytellers, artists from each city, including Mojo in Miami, Andre Trenier in New York City, Kezia Harrell in Los Angeles, and Markeidric in Atlanta, were paired with each changemaker to showcase modern Black excellence through eye-catching visual art, while bringing color to local communities. Through scannable QR codes on the murals, visitors can also learn more about the stories behind these faces.
“The stories and voices of the people in our community should be celebrated every day of the year, not just one month,” says Sean “Diddy” Combs. “Through #CIROCStands, we’re showing everyone the Black excellence that drives our communities.”
Ciroc is also making a donation to The Black Artists + Designers Guild (BADG) to help support their mission to build a more equitable and inclusive creative culture.
“It’s an honor to help bring together local emerging artists of color to provide them with a canvas to share powerful stories,” says Jordan “Love Watts” Watson. “This iteration of #CIROCStands is another means of regaining and owning the power of Black excellence while continuing to be a celebratory vehicle of success.”
Learn more about each mural location and the inspiration behind them:
- Richard Ingraham: “Every plate of food I prepare embodies my passion for the craft of cooking. My unwavering love for my family and the unshakeable strength of culture.”
- 239 NW 26 Street, Miami, Florida
- Zerina Akers: “We must believe that every sacrifice has a reward and that we are the ones who hold our power.”
- 1096 Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn, New York
- Tiffany Haddish: “I feel that everyone is on this planet for multiple reasons. I figured out what one of mine was and that is to bring joy.”
- 1200 S Hope St, Los Angeles, California
- Teheran Jones from Exclusive Game: “Through my work, I hope to pave the way for the next generation’s dreams and aspirations.”
- 333 Peters Street Southwest, Atlanta, Georgia
To learn more about the #CIROCStands platform and the murals, check out Ciroc or Love Watts on Instagram.