On Sunday, July 3, 2022, William Grant & Sons will host its sixth Highland Festival at East London’s Haggerston Park. The drinks industry event returns after a two-year hiatus due to the pandemic and looks to bring the hospitality community back together for an energizing experience.
The WG&S UK Brand Ambassadors and their chosen team of seven bartenders will battle it out in a medley of team challenges throughout the day including Tug Of War, Ramos Fizz Relay, and Beach Volleyball to see who will be crowned the 2022 Highland Festival Champions!
Co-hosted by industry stalwarts, Sarah Berardi (Hendrick’s Gin UK Brand Ambassador) and Fabiano Latham (former Reyka Vodka UK Brand Ambassador) the competing teams and their supporters will enjoy cocktails from across the portfolio, including the ‘Salty Dog’, made using Hendrick’s Neptunia Gin. Monkey Shoulder will be bringing the party with cocktails and beats from its infamous Monkey Mixer Truck, and London’s street food collective KERB will be on hand to keep the crowd fed, with pizza from 450 Degrees and Lebanese cuisine from Lil Watan.
“I think I can speak for the full brand ambassador team and the UK trade when I say I am freaking out with excitement that Highland Festival is finally being able to happen again,” commented Berardi. “Nothing brings the bartending community together more than a measure of in-person, head-to-head, healthy competition. No doubt after the last few years we’ve had, this will be epic.”
The participating teams led by their respective brand ambassadors are:
- Monkey Shoulder led by Callum Rixson (@gb_bartender) & Jody Buchan (@jodyspiritual)
- Hendrick’s Gin led by Luke Condell (@homiesandnegronis)
- Reyka Vodka led by Marshall Seyler (@marshallsodalime)
- Glenfiddich led by Mark Thomson (@singlemaltmark) & Alex Walker (@therealshandywalker)
- The Balvenie led by Alwynne Gwilt (@themisswhisky)
- Discarded Spirits Co. led by Calum Fraser (@rumdmc)
- Tullamore D.E.W. led by Conor Friel (@frieldsofbarley)
The festival occurs on Sunday, July 3 from 12 pm – 6 pm at Haggerston Park, Yorkton St, London E2 8NH.
For more information, head over to the brand’s official website.