Back in March 2021, Sonoma County winery Murphy-Goode launched “A Really Goode Job” a nationwide job search that offered the winning candidates a $10,000 salary per month, the opportunity to live rent-free in Healdsburg for one year, and most dreamy of all – a year’s supply of Murphy-Goode wine.
Now, after receiving no less that 7,000 applications from hopeful candidates the list is down to just seventeen lucky finalists – each of whom has been invited to continue their quest for their dream job in the wine industry.
The types of entry for the job came in all forms – from movie to musical parodies to more formal approaches, applicants displayed a diverse range of passions, creativity and expertise that would make them really Goode employees.
After reviewing every application in detail, Murphy-Goode is pleased to announce the following
- Adam Bowles – Little Rock, AR
- A.J. Kirsch – Berkeley, CA
- Alle Baldwin – Nashville, TN
- Casey Satori – Dover Plains, NY
- Charlene “Charlie” Cooper – New York, NY
- Ikenna Okeke – Birmingham, AL
- Isis Daniel – Washington, D.C.
- Lauren Goldenberg – Alameda, CA
- Lindsay Perry – Austin, TX
- Emmanuelle “Manny” Estrella – Hollywood, FL
- Matt O’Brien – Los Angeles, CA
- Matthew Horn – Encino, CA
- Roosevelt Johnson – Marana, AZ
- Stacie Huckeba – Nashville, TN
- Veronica Hebbard – Orlando, FL
- Vivian Tran – Montclair, CA
- William “Bubby” Randall – Omaha, NE
In late July, Murphy-Goode will welcome the finalists to Healdsburg, where candidates will complete a variety of in-person interviews, giving them the opportunity to further demonstrate their personalities, passions, and everything else that makes them the ideal candidates for “A Really Goode Job.” While in Healdsburg, the finalists will also have the opportunity to experience California wine country firsthand and meet with Murphy-Goode winemaker Dave Ready, Jr., who the selected candidates will shadow for the first few weeks of the job. The two winners will be selected in early August.