Remy Cointreau and Drizly have teamed up to create the Virtual Cocktail Studio. The new online destination was created to help cocktail enthusiasts discover, learn and experiment with at-home mixology.
While the pandemic has put a damper on much of the cocktail world, at-home cocktail creation has been flourishing. In response, Drizly and three spirits from the Rémy Cointreau portfolio – Cointreau, The Botanist Islay Dry Gin, and Mount Gay Rum – are enlisting industry experts to further educate and inform all cocktail makers, from beginners to connoisseurs, on the basics of at-home cocktail making.
Beginning Friday, October 16, cocktail enthusiasts can join in to learn to craft America’s top three cocktails – The Original Margarita, The Martini, and The Old Fashioned – from world renowned mixologists and leading industry experts.
Each Virtual Cocktail Studio session will take participants behind the bar with an expert in the space, from master blenders to head distillers and provide an in-depth look at one of these leading classic cocktails. During each session participants will learn all about the core essential ingredients found in each of these classic cocktails – from Cointreau and The Botanist Islay Dry Gin to Mount Gay Rum – while following a step-by-step tutorial on how to mix up the classics, along with a few twists on the recipes. Each session is slated to be 45 minutes to one hour.
Those interested in a Virtual Cocktail Studio session can visit Drizly.com to sign up or join the livestream on the Drizly Facebook page on the designated Cocktail Studio day and time. Ahead of each session, participants are able to purchase all necessary ingredients for each cocktail directly from Drizly.
Remy Cointreau USA x Drizly Virtual Cocktail Studio Sessions:
- Friday, October 16th at 5:30pm ET – The Original Margarita
- Hosted by Alfred Cointreau, sixth generation of the Cointreau family, and Lynnette Marrero, Co-Founder of Speed Rack, Bar Director, and Mixologist on Masterclass
- Thursday, November 12th at 5:30pm ET – The Martini
- Hosted by Adam Hannett, The Botanist Islay Dry Gin and Bruichladdich Head Distiller, and Liana Oster, Dante, #1 World’s Best Bar 2019
- Thursday, December 3rdat 5:30pm ET – The Rum Old Fashioned
- Hosted by Trudiann Branker, Mount Gay Rum Master Blender, and Taylor Adorno, bartender at Dead Rabbit and Ghost Donkey, NYC, Imbibe’s Cocktail Bar of the Year 2020