The Tales of the Cocktail Foundation has announced the nominees for the 2020 Spirited Awards, including the top four finalists for the best international bar categories. In total, awards are given to bars across five different sections: Best International Cocktail Bar, Best International High Volume Cocktail Bar, Best International Hotel Bar, Best International Restaurant Bar, and Best New International Cocktail Bar.
A few rules were changed going into this year’s 2020 Spirited Awards. No longer are bars who have won an award in an individual category previously eligible to win the award again in that category, meaning there will be no more repeat winners. That choice was made so that the awards would become more inclusive.
“For many months now, we debated whether an awards ceremony is what the world needs right now,” shared Caroline Rosen, President of Tales of the Cocktail Foundation. “Ultimately, we decided yes, we do need to continue to celebrate the resilience of our peers. Doubling down on philanthropic recognition and introducing categories that more accurately depict the range of voices contributing to the progress of our industry in meaningful ways — these are just a few of many steps forward we’re looking to make as an organization. Changing policies mid-awards cycle and recasting votes was a very difficult decision that we do not take lightly, but our hope is that it will create a more equitable and fair structure for all nominees.”
The 2020 Spirited Awards will take place in a completely digital format, and the best international bar category winners will be announced on September 21.
Here Are The Best International Bar Finalists For The 2020 Spirited Awards:
Best International Cocktail Bar presented by Tequila Fortaleza
- Floreria Atlántico — Buenos Aires, Argentina
- MAYBE SAMMY — Sydney, Australia
- Native — Singapore
- Swift — London, UK
Best International High Volume Cocktail Bar presented by Beam Suntory
- La Factoría — San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Licorería Limantour — Mexico City, Mexico
- Panda & Sons — Edinburgh, Scotland
- The Baxter Inn — Sydney, Australia
Best International Hotel Bar presented by Tales of the Cocktail Foundation
- Fifty Mils at the Four Seasons Hotel — Mexico City, Mexico
- Punch Room at The London EDITION — London, UK
- Scarfes Bar at the Rosewood Hotel — London, UK
- The Bamboo Bar at the Mandarin Oriental — Bangkok, Thailand
Best International Restaurant Bar presented by Tales of the Cocktail Foundation
- ámaZ — Lima, Peru
- Le Mary Celeste — Paris, France
- Sexy Fish — London, UK
- Sober Company — Shanghai, China
Best New International Cocktail Bar presented by Perrier
- BYRDI — Melbourne, Australia
- Kwānt — London, UK
- Tayēr + Elementary — London, UK
- Tres Monos — Buenos Aires, Argentina
Checkout the Best Bars in America Finalists for the 2020 Spirited Awards.